In 2018, the FFC and its chairman Patrick CHOLTON decided to create an event in alternate years to the tradeshow SOLUTRANS which would bring together the stakeholders from the commercial vehicle sector (LCVs and HGVs) around the major subjects that it is facing.
As a result, every two years the key players in the transport and logistics ecosystem meet up for a day to take stock of the major issues in their professions and promote the innovative solutions put forward by manufacturers in response to environmental, economic and social challenges.
ON THE AGENDA OF THIS DAY: Debates, Addresses from Government Authorities, Networking, Exhibition, Election, Prestige Dinner
- 13:00 – 18:00 : Exhibition of “new energy” vehicles from HGV and LCV builders
Throughout the day on 17 November, HGV and LCV manufacturers are invited to present their initiatives in the area of alternative energy vehicles. Electricity, hybrid, gas or hydrogen will all show off their benefits in the aisles of the Lyon Matmut Stadium Gerland.
Open to hauliers, shippers, rental companies, etc.
For more information about the exhibition
- 15:00 – 16:30 : Round table
- Energy transition: the impossible scenario of Brussels ?
The European Union has set drastic HGV carbon emissions targets for heady duty vehicle manufacturers and transporters.
The high cost of new energy and the lack of charging infrastructure are making a rethink of the energy transition a necessity. With the industry’s stakeholders, we will attempt to find out whether the Brussels scenario is possible, and if there are other ways of introducing a true energy mixed that everyone aspires to.
- Anne-Sophie ALSIF, Chief Economist, BDO France
- Florence DUPASQUIER, CEO, Groupe SAMAT
- Thierry CARBONNEL, Directeur marketing de AIR LIQUIDE/Marketing & Business Support Director AIR LIQUIDE
- Christophe DANTON, Marketing and Communication Director of CHEREAU
- Mats GUNNARSSON, Executive Vice President and Head of Commercial Operations, SCANIA GROUP
- Daniel MAJEWSKI, Head of Strategy R&D and System Solutions, CVS ZF
- Jonas ODERMALM, Vice-President Electromobility Product Management, VOLVO TRUCKS
- Gianenrico GRIFFINI, Chairman of the International TRUCK OF THE YEAR and TRUCK INNOVATION Awards
- Giandomenico FIORETTI, Director, Alternative Propulsion Business Development IVECO GROUP
- Gilles LE CARRE, Chairman, CARA
- 16:30 – 17:00 : Guest Speaker
IFP Énergies Nouvelles
Head of Engine Technologies Synthesis Department IFPEN-Lyon
Drawing on his knowledge and experience in mobility and energy, Stéphane RAUX will share his views on the alternative solutions to diesel (gas, electric, hydrogen), their technological, environmental and economic implications, and their potential in the sector. Bases on the analyses of Vision’AIR, this guest speaker will give us insight into the future of new energies.
- 17:00 – 18:30 : Plenary
- How CAZs redefine urban mobility and its challenges ?
In France, the Climate Act made the implementation of Clean Air Zones compulsory in all metropolitan areas with more than 150,000 inhabitants in the next two years; and they are already starting to appear all over the country. Initially intended to provide environmental benefits, they have become a divisive subject today. CAZs critically oblige the sector to review their industrial and economic roadmap.
- Jean-Michel GENESTIER, Vice-Chairman of Grand Paris Grand Est responsible for economic development and transport in the Grand Paris Metropole
- Olivier Poncelet, General Delegate of Union TLF
- Jean-Yves GAUTIER, Chairman of the Logistics commission at FNTR
- Carl-Magnus NORDEN, Founder and Executive Director of VOLTA TRUCKS
- Henri PACCALIN, CEO of DAIMLER TRUCK FRANCE & Chairman of the HGV branch of CSIAM
- Christophe MARTIN, Managing Director of RENAULT TRUCKS FRANCE
- Amelia RUNG, Director Development of VINCI AUTOROUTES
- Matthieu VIEIRA, Lyon Metropolitan Councilor and VP of the Symalim Accessibilité & Mobilité
- 18:30 – 20:00 : Drinks reception – Informal discussions
- 20:00 – 23:00 :
- Award ceremony for Industry Personality of the Year
- Presentation of SOLUTRANS 2023 : The main themes and the new features in the 2023 edition of SOLUTRANS, with one year to go before the show, will be presented by Patrick CHOLTON
- Gastronomic Dinner