With still 11 months to go before it opens, SOLUTRANS stand bookings are up by 20% compared with 2015. The enthusiasm for SOLUTRANS is shared by all of the actors of the sector, manufacturers of heavy goods vehicles, trailers, bodybuilders, equipment manufacturers, after-sales specialists, service companies, etc.
This growth will be reflected in three pillars of the 2017 edition: innovation, an international scope and a convivial atmosphere.
An "Unlimited innovation" edition
SOLUTRANS is an observatory for the industrial and urban vehicle sector, and a true business incubator.
Four events in particular will highlight innovation at SOLUTRANS 2017:
- The Startup Village which, for the first time at SOLUTRANS, will welcome young companies presenting innovative solutions in the environmental, intelligent transport systems (ITS), energy and safety sectors. Through a partnership with the LUTB cluster and the Auvergne Rhône Alpes regional council, local companies will also be present on this area.
- International heavy and light commercial vehicle and pick-up awards: a true sign of its importance across Europe, once again SOLUTRANS will be hosting the International Truck of the Year, International Van of the Year and Pick-up Award prize-giving ceremonies.
- The 9th edition of the Transport Solution Innovation Awards, organised by the Lyon Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The awards will be split into two categories: “Bodybuilding” and “Equipment Manufacturers”, and three prizes: gold, silver and bronze. New for 2017, the “Motorization Special Award” prize.
These prizes award innovations which address environmental, economical, energy and safety issues.
A trade show looking towards the future of the industry
In order to address the expectations and the issues faced by the sector, SOLUTRANS 2017 will cover six main topics:
- The factory of the future: robotics, 3D printing, simulation, virtual reality, augmented reality, IOT, big data, etc.;
- New motorisation and energy;
- Connected vehicles;
- Delivery in hyper centres;
These themes will be discussed during the many key moments and on dedicated areas of the event:
- A program oftalks and lectures, placed under the aegis of the 5th meeting of the commercial and urban vehicle sector, which will address news topics such as industrial vehicle autonomy, tracking of goods and people, the legal framework between haulers and consignors, the increase in light vehicle GVW, etc. To accompany industrial road transport, as a part of the PFA – Vehicle and Mobility sector – the FFC (French bodywork federation) and the AFGNV (French association for natural gas-powered vehicles) are joining forces to create the GTFM Véhicules Gaz. During SOLUTRANS, the GTFM will discuss the types of vehicles available on the market, and will deliver its findings in a white paper, a valuable guide for the choice and purchase of all types of vehicles.
- The training area which will encourage discussions about the sector’s jobs and their attractiveness.
- The Startup Village where innovative solutions in the areas of environment, energy, intelligent transport systems (ITS) and safety will be highlighted.
Opening the way to international business
As the leading European event for road and urban transport solutions, SOLUTRANS has widened its international promotion network. In 2017, 10 offices located in Algeria, China, Germany, Italy, Morocco, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Tunisia and the UK will work towards strengthening SOLUTRANS’s international audience, both among exhibitors and visitors.
A convivial and modern atmosphere
1,200 guests are expected at the SOLUTRANS gala evening, on Wednesday 22 November 2017 at Lyon EUREXPO. SOLUTRANS will offer a resolutely modern sound and light show to its guests!
For the first time in 2017, during the course of the evening the FFC will announce the winner of the “2017 Industry Personality of the Year” award, which will recognise a French or international personality who has worked to improve the road and urban transport sectors. The Presidents of the judging panels of the Truck of the Year, Van of the Year and Pick-up Awards will also give out the trophies to the 2018 winners.
 GTFM Véhicules Gaz: Sector work group for the development of gas-powered vehicles.