[Equilibre talk] What kind of engines for energy transition in the road transport sector?
- Thursday 21 November 2019
Thursday 21 November 2019 - 12:15 - 13:00
Duration of the event : 00h45
Hall 3 Lecture Theatre
Goods and passenger road transportation must address highly important issues, starting today:
Owing to requirements dictated by the climate, public health and commitments made by governments (among them the Paris COP 21 agreement), new constraints are appearing:
- New carbon dioxide emission limits for 2025 and 2030
- Euro VI Step D and even Euro VII standards
These new problems create issues for the operators of heavy duty vehicles:
- Is today’s predominant solution, diesel, really facing extinction?
- Does there exist a single substitution solution?
- Is technological choice, notably powertrain, the only way of responding to these challenges?
SOTRADEL / EQUILIBRE
Responsable QSE Innovation / Co-coordinateur du projet Equilibre
FRANCE NATURE ENVIRONNEMENT
Pilote du réseau transports et mobilités durables