To best anticipate everything you are going to need for the show, sign in to your online customer area on the exhibition website. Then simply follow the steps in the checklist to make sure you don’t leave anything out!
Display the checklist transcript
Twelve steps to prepare your trade show
Exhibiting at a trade show requires careful planning! To best anticipate everything you are going to need for the show, sign in to your online customer area on the exhibition website. Then simply follow the steps in the checklist to make sure you don’t leave anything out!
Planning a trade show: take care with your stand!
- Download the stand decoration and safety regulationsonce you have all the information about the exhibition
- Prepare yourstandelements taking into account its type: study the position and the space you’ve been allocated
- Order your technical services (furniture, carpeting, cupboard, partitions, electricity, water, Wi-Fi, etc.) and think about decorative accessories to make your stand welcoming
- Remember to submit the required declarations (machines in operations, stand fitter, etc.)
- Select and order your promotional tools to publicise your company: while some communications tools are effective during the show (such as the catalogue), some of the show’s digital tools (newsletters, website, etc.) are used beforehand and can give you visibility ahead of the event.
- Register for the show’s official catalogue: this is the benchmark publication issued at the show entrance, and is the ideal tool to highlight your company, products and services! It can also be consulted online.
- Enter a competition at the show: a great idea if you have a new product to show off!
- Sign up for a talk as aspeaker
- Prepare material for the trade press: press release, events, new products, etc.
- Download the SOLUTRANS media kit this contains banners and logos for use on your materials
- Order your invitations in printed or digital format: these invitations can be used to invite your sales contacts and customers to the show. they will feel privileged if they are invited by you
- Order badge readers: the badge reader helps you immediately qualify the visitors to your stand
Spread the word
This list is essential but non-exhaustive. Planning ahead as much as possible is key to a smooth-running show! Give yourself every opportunity of having a profitable show and if you have any questions,contact the organisers – they will help you step by step!