Discussions at this new edition will revolve around three strategic issues:
1. SOLUTRANS Innovation
New forms of motorisation and energy are one of the key challenges in the sector. All the stakeholders in transportation and energy will meet up to address the question of alternative fuels and associated infrastructure to enable the transport sector to play a full role in the energy transition.
2. SOLUTRANS 4.0
In an era of digital and new tech, the transport and logistics sector is reinventing itself by gaining in agility and flexibility. Vehicles are getting increasingly connected, up to becoming totally autonomous. To accompany this change, the show introduces SOLUTRANS 4.0, a space for exchange and presentations dedicated to the industry of the future and to innovation.
3. SOLUTRANS jobs, know-how and expertise
A wind of change is sweeping over jobs in transport, from the manufacturing of vehicles to their driving mode. The arrival of these new technologies has transformed existing job specialities and created new ones. SOLUTRANS will bring together training organisations and professionals to offer a reminder as to the necessity of training current employees and developing existing training courses.
These issues will be addressed in talks, workshops, round tables, demonstrations and dedicated areas. They will be developed in six themes:
- Innovation through the technology of electrified highways and vehicles
- From vehicle connectivity to automation, innovation driven by data
- Electric LCVs, the solution to urban logistics challenges
- New transport modes: what impacts and consequences?
- New issues in logistics and their repercussions on the transport sector
- Heavy goods vehicles and urban vehicles: basic training and employment undergoing change from production to operation
SOLUTRANS 2019, an innovation-rich session for a sector stepping up to version 4.0!