The new international Truck of the Year Truck Innovation Award Blasts off !
The International Truck of the Year (IToY) organisation launches new annual Truck Innovation Award recognising ‘tomorrow’s trucks’ where the new award focuses on advanced technology vehicles with alternative drivelines above 3.5-tonnes gross weight.
The new award will be judged in parallel with the existing International Truck of the Year award and the inaugural award ceremony will be held at the forthcoming IAA Commercial Vehicle show in Hanover in September 2018 when the first winner will be announced.
The nominated truck must :
- be an advanced technology vehicle,
- have a gross vehicle weight over 3.5 tonnes.
- feature an alternative driveline — e.g. hybrid, hybrid range-extender, all-electric —
- or have an alternative fuel-system such as LNG/CNG/ hydrogen/fuel cells etc.
- have specific ‘Hi-tech’ solutions in terms of ‘vehicle connectivity’ — whether semiautonomous /fully-autonomous driving systems, ‘platooning’ capability, advanced support services such as remote diagnostics etc. — that are still in a prototype/early-development phase (single unit), or in ‘small series’ production.
But whatever the specification, ‘Truck Innovation Award’ nominees must be a ‘driveable truck’ i.e. one-off concept vehicles are not eligible.
The inaugural ceremony of the Truck Innovation Award will take place during the IAA Commercial Vehicle Show in Hanover when the first winner will be announced.