In an era of digital and new tech, the transport and logistics sector is reinventing itself, vehicles are getting increasingly connected to the extent of becoming totally autonomous. To accompany this change, the exhibition introduces SOLUTRANS 4.0, a new space bringing together all the players working in disruptive technology applied to HGVs, urban vehicles and intralogistics, alongside ITC (Information and Communication Technology) suppliers. In association with CARA, SOLUTRANS will play host to innovative start-ups and showcase technical solutions for the future (3D, virtual reality, etc.) and disruptive delivery models such as drones or robots.
In its role as an incubator for innovation, SOLUTRANS will be doubling down on a series of initiatives and highlighting them at its next edition:
- The I-nnovation Awards, formerly the SOLUTRANS Innovation Awards (Trophées de l'Innovation SOLUTRANS), will be taken over and organised by the FFC in a revisited format and with a new visual identity, remodelled award criteria and a broader judging panel. The trophies, made by a craft artisan, will be presented at an evening held in the prestigious setting of the Lyon Chamber of Commerce and Industry. They will include new special awards paying tribute to Joseph Libner, the former Chairman of FFC.
- The International Awards with the "Truck of the Year", "International Van of The Year", "Pick up Award" and the new "Truck Innovation Award" which will all be announced and presented at the gala evening.
- Exclusive visits of Transpolis, organised every day, to discover the first laboratory town in Europe dedicated to the experimentation of technology and vehicles dealing in connectivity and driverless systems.
- An optimisedoutdoor test area for unique demonstrations of all types of vehicles (electric or autonomous, concept cars, etc.).
SOLUTRANS jobs, know-how and expertise
The wide-ranging subject of jobs and training will be addressed in a dedicated space spanning more than 1000 m². The aim of this dynamic and functional area will be to reveal and promote jobs in the industry and their associated educational paths and encourage employment in the associated markets.
In this aim, a large job forum will be set up, in association with industry specialists, with a view to matching up recruiters and candidates. It will be supported by the creation of new job search solutions and a new tool, launched by FFC, aggregating all the job vacancies in the industry. Finally, it will also feature themed talks, job dating sessions, etc.
SOLUTRANS, the major themes
SOLUTRANS 2019 will more than ever before reflect the (r)evolution at work in the industry and its value chain. Consequently, this new edition will deal with seven major themes supported by an extensive programme of talks and workshops (appendix 1):
- New motorisation and infrastructure: the electrification of highways and vehicles;
- From connectivity to the autonomous vehicle, data-driven innovation;
- Electric vehicles (LCVs and HGVs), the solution to urban logistics challenges;
- Euro 6, gas, electric, hydrogen, up-and-coming energies;
- New transport modes (ground, air), what impact and consequences?
- New issues for logistics, and their repercussions on the transport sector;
- Heavy goods vehicles and urban vehicles: the changing face of training and jobs, from production to operation.
- Several of these subjects will also be addressed during other show highlights:
- Plenary sessions, inaugurated by the 6th Industry Meeting in partnership with PFA and COFIT, and rounded off by Transport in 2025;
- A white paper on electric vehicles revealing the findings of a study into the feasibility of an electric heavy goods and urban vehicle sector, together with the current state of play and comprehensive proposals to develop electric mobility. The result of the work of GTFM Véhicule Electrique, entrusted to FFC by PFA, in partnership with COFIT, AVERE and URF, this white paper will be presented to government representatives at the opening plenary;
- And, making their debut in 2019:
- the SOLUTRANS Breakfast, a daily event taking place as doors open, in which an industry personality will be interviewed about major issues in the industry;
- the SOLUTRANS Transport Experts, a round table with specialist journalists, organised every evening and dealing with one of the key themes addressed by the exhibition.
SOLUTRANS LCV and Tyres
As an exhibition produced by specialists for specialists, SOLUTRANS is representative of all areas of the industry, with:
- A new and redesigned LCV area with all the leading light commercial vehicle brands and players from the LCV ecosystem (bodywork manufacturers, fitters, bodywork equipment manufacturers, insurers, etc.)
- A specific focus on the tyre sector (Hall 3) with the presence of manufacturers, distribution networks, accessory and rim manufacturers and workshop equipment distributors and suppliers. The exhibition will also hold a programme of talks and round tables dedicated to this strategically important market for carriers and shippers.